He and She Said:
New Orleans-better. New Orleans curated.
There are massive, incredible, world-cities you can lose yourself in for a lifetime: Paris, New York, Istanbul. New Orleans is different. It is quirky, unconventional, and unapologetic, but it is understandable. You can get it. We do, and we’ll show you how.
How do you visit and in a few days grab the Zeitgeist of the most unusual and singular place in America? Even more important, how do you live here and experience all that makes New Orleans essential? Sadly, in many cases neither happens.
We are natives, locals living part of the time in the Quarter and part of the time outside, and we eat, drink, listen, and spend our money at all the venues that matter in this town. Then we write about it. We’ll tell you where to slow down and indulge and, almost as important, where to speed up and what to ignore.
How should you do New Orleans better? Here’s the blueprint:
- Email us at HesaidshesaidNOLA@gmail.com with a question about a place, and event, an itinerary, a time of year, or whatever. We’ll give you the 504-11 on it.
- Follow us on Twitter @HeSaidSheSaidNO for updates on what’s new and what’s good, alerts for coming posts, and occasional rambling.
- Subscribe to the blog to have posts automatically forwarded your way.
- Use the search bar to find the topic you need.
- During the week, look for restaurant and music reviews, recipes, and rants.
- On Fridays, look for more comprehensive features on the best and worst of restaurants and music, neighborhood and festival guides, and other things you need to know.
- Comment: give us feedback on what had value and what we may have missed.
New Orleans better eaten, better listened, better experienced, better written. Better.